How Can I Increase Self-Awareness?
Self-Help Apps: How Can I Increase Self-Awareness?
Are you self-aware? If this question took you aback and you’re not sure at all what the answer is, chances are, you need to work on your self-awareness. One of the latest buzzwords you may be hearing, self-awareness is a skill you can work on to improve many areas of your life. If you’re looking to improve your self-awareness to help in your personal and professional life, you don’t need to find an expensive or immersive solution. A self-help app might be just what you need. Keep reading to learn more about self-awareness and self-help apps, as well as one that you can download today to get started on your journey.
What Is Self-Awareness?
Self-awareness involves the ability to see ourselves clearly, recognize how others see us, and understand how we fit into society and the world. A 2017 study found that people who self-reflected and had high self-awareness tended to have a more positive self-image and a deeper understanding of others. This can often lead to greater empathy. Those who have higher self-awareness also tend to be more proactive in a work environment and display better communication skills. According to a 2016 study, the increased positive characteristics that result from high self-awareness can lead to improved well-being.
Are You Lacking Self-Awareness?
Here are some signs you might be lacking self-awareness, according to PsychCentral:
- Not holding yourself accountable. You may praise yourself when things go well but tend to make excuses or blame others when things go wrong.
- Being dismissive of others. You may dismiss others when they question your beliefs. A 2018 study found that people with more radical beliefs displayed less insight into the correctness of their ideas and failed to take into account any contrary evidence.
- Having difficulty regulating emotions. You may have a hard time identifying and managing your emotions.
- Not thinking through actions. You may not be able to explain the reasons for your actions, and you may often act impulsively.
- Feeling apathetic. You may find it difficult to empathize with others and to listen to other people’s experiences.
- Judging others. You may make judgments of others without knowing the facts based on your own perceptions and opinions.
Tips to Increase Self-Awareness with Self-Help Apps
- Ask people around you. A great way to become self-aware is to check in with the people closest to you. Ask them what your strengths are, things you can improve, what it’s like when you’re at your best and worst, and what dynamics you bring.
- Meditate. Meditation allows you to live completely in the moment and recognize your body’s response to the things around you.
- Use a self-help app. A self-help app will help you hone in on your self-awareness skills by helping you recognize your emotional triggers, improve your communication with others, and strengthen your relationships.
Increase Self-Awareness with the Foojan App
The groundbreaking Foojan App reflects years of research and the formal application of therapies practiced by eminent psychotherapist Dr. Foojan Zeine. This includes Dr. Zeine’s highly acclaimed Awareness Integration Theory (AIT), which enables you to identify your negative core beliefs, release constraining memories from the past, and pursue a fulfilling future of your own design.
This customized self-help app was developed to meet Dr. Zeine’s desire to share her knowledge and unique therapy style with as many struggling and searching individuals as possible. Dr. Zeine and her professional team are dedicated to providing step-by-step guidance in your healing process so that you, and others like you, can function effectively and productively for a happier life.
We invite you to meet the key individuals responsible for the Foojan App’s user-friendly design, personalized interface, and powerful messaging by visiting us at foojan.com!