Understanding Your Sexuality
Steps Toward Understanding Your Sexuality
Questioning your sexuality is a completely normal part of life. As we grow and get older, interests change, and we start to see through societal norms. As a part of this, you may want to embrace the fact that you don’t fit the standard mold and begin to understand yourself more. Understanding your sexuality is a journey that can be extremely rewarding to help you live your most authentic, happy life. Keep reading to learn more about understanding your sexuality and the steps you can start taking.
Beginning Your Journey
Understanding your sexuality is a practice in getting to know yourself better. It can be hard to look in the mirror and get to know yourself, but there are questions you can begin to ask yourself:
- What do you picture? What does it look like when you picture yourself in the future with a partner, family, or children? What gender is your partner?
- What couples tug at your heartstrings? When you see a couple walking around, and you feel envy or hope, what do they look like?
- Are you caught up in what society wants? Do you feel annoyed by the fact that society, your family, the media, and more are telling you that you need to end up in a heterosexual relationship? Are you willing to break free of this?
When you are on the journey of understanding your sexuality, it is truly about learning to accept yourself. You may be wrestling with the fact that you are attracted to something other than what your parents or society want and, therefore, would rather repress your feelings. Some things you can do to learn how to accept yourself include:
- Find support through friends or groups. Do you have a loved one, family member, or friend who has been on the same journey of understanding their sexuality? If you do not, find a local group that can talk you through some of these steps.
- Talk to a therapist. It can be difficult and emotional to learn things about yourself that you previously weren’t willing to accept. Work with a therapist if you have a particularly difficult situation.
- Give it a try. Do you have a clear picture of the type of person you want to date? You can download dating apps and start going on dates.
Understanding Your Sexuality with the Foojan App
Understanding your sexuality is a deeply personal journey that can seem complicated, or that has a million different pathways. The Foojan App is here to help guide you.
The groundbreaking Foojan App reflects years of research and the formal application of therapies practiced by eminent psychotherapist Dr. Foojan Zeine. This includes Dr. Zeine’s highly acclaimed Awareness Integration Theory (AIT), which enables you to identify your negative core beliefs, release constraining memories from the past, and pursue a fulfilling future of your own design.
We invite you to meet the key individuals responsible for the Foojan App’s user-friendly design, personalized interface, and powerful messaging by visiting us at foojan.com!