Do You Connect with Nature? Your Body and Mind Want To
Nature and Your Well-Being
There are so many benefits to spending time in nature, and it is something that is instinctual to humans. As children, we love to be outside, run around, swim, or even play in the dirt. As adults, we may love to hike, spend time by the ocean, or spend weekends in a cabin. How do you receive nature in your life? Keep reading to learn more about nature’s role in your life, how to improve it, and the self-help app that can guide you down that path.
There are endless benefits to spending time in nature; however, they are often forgotten about, especially for busy adults. Nature can improve your mood, improve our thinking, reasoning, and other mental abilities, improve physical wellness, and much more.
- People who live near parks and green spaces have less mental distress, are more physically active, and have longer life spans.
- Exposure to nature may decrease death from chronic disease.
- When people exercise outdoors in nature, they do so for longer periods of time and at greater intensities.
- Positive health effects are enhanced when green space includes water.
How You Can Get the Joy of Nature
It can be difficult for many people to find joy in nature. Some people live in harsh conditions that make it difficult to enjoy nature; it may be seen as something that is annoying or scary. Others have very busy lives, and it is very low on their priority list. There are also people who live in cities and believe that they are not the “outdoor type”, so they do not prioritize spending time in nature.
Getting joy out of nature is finding what works for you. This includes:
- Going on short walks
- Taking vacations to the beach
- Listening to an ocean sound machine
- Taking part in an outdoor sport or activity
- Playing with your kids or dog outside
- Choosing to take phone calls outside rather than inside
- Choosing to read outside rather than inside
- Exercise outside rather than inside a gym
Connect with Nature with the Foojan App
Don’t consider yourself a “nature person”? Trust us, you are—and it is important for your mental health and well-being.
The groundbreaking Foojan App reflects years of research and the formal application of therapies practiced by eminent psychotherapist Dr. Foojan Zeine. This includes Dr. Zeine’s highly acclaimed Awareness Integration Theory (AIT), which enables you to identify your negative core beliefs, release constraining memories from the past, and pursue a fulfilling future of your own design.
This customized self-help app was developed to meet Dr. Zeine’s desire to share her knowledge and unique therapy style with as many struggling and searching individuals as possible. Dr. Zeine and her professional team are dedicated to providing step-by-step guidance in your healing process so that you, and others like you, can function effectively and productively for a happier life.
We invite you to meet the key individuals responsible for the Foojan App’s user-friendly design, personalized interface, and powerful messaging by visiting us at foojan.com!